Condensers have water-jacketed Standard Taper inner joint. Complete with condenser, flask and extraction tube. The low thermal expansion rate means that the PYREX brand extractors can be routinely used in applications requiring protracted heating at temperatures as high as 230°C. The inherent chemical stability of Code No. 7740 PYREX brand glass reduces the potential for corrupting impurities.
Corning extraction apparatus is used for extracting soluble components of impurities from solids by a continuous process of soaking the solid with a solvent and then siphoning residues away. Most of the component parts of the various extractor units have Standard Taper joints for quick, secure connections. Extraction thimbles, paper filters or glass wool are used to support the sample. The siphon tube on the extractor is protected by the vapor sidearm tube.
Small with 50 mL flask (4406K22)
- Extraction chamber 29 mm i.d. x 110 mm usable depth
- Condenser joint Standard Taper 34/45; extraction tube top joint Standard Taper 34/45; bottom joint Standard Taper 24/40
- Takes 25 x 85 mm thimble
Medium with 85 mL flask (4406K46)
- Extraction chamber 38 mm i.d. x 110 mm usable depth
- Condenser joint Standard Taper 45/50; extraction tube top joint Standard Taper 45/50; bottom joint Standard Taper 24/40
- Takes 35 x 90 mm thimble
Large with 200 mL flask (4406K70)
- Extraction chamber 47 mm i.d. x 150 mm usable depth
- Condenser joint Standard Taper 55/50; extraction tube top joint Standard Taper 55/50; bottom joint Standard Taper 24/40
- Takes 45 x 130 mm thimble
Extra Large with 500 mL flask (4406K94)
- Extraction chamber 64 mm i.d. x 185 mm usable depth
- Condenser joint Standard Taper 71/60; extraction tube top joint Standard Taper 71/60; bottom joint Standard Taper 29/42
- Takes 57 x 150 mm thimble
Pyrex® Extractor With Allihn Condenser and Standard Taper Joints
(4406K10, K16, K34, K40, K58, K64, K82 and K88)
The following products are similar to those listed above. However, this apparatus consists of a Soxhlet extractor, an Allihn condenser and a flask, all equipped with Standard Taper joints. The tubulation O.D. on the condenser is 10mm.