Optimum solution for the acid/basic hydrolysis of food and feed samples prior to solvent extraction for total fat analysis.
- Hydrolysis / digestion by acid or base
- Ensures conformity with AOAC standard
- No sample transfer – no sample loss
- Crucibles go directly into SER 148
- Reduces handling to a minimum
- Automatic extraction of unwanted fraction
- No exposure to vapors
- Select a glassware kit and accessories to match workload
- Hydrolysis is carried out with hydrochloric acid for approximately 60 minutes at 170°C. The hydrolyzed sample is then filtered in a glass crucible and washed with warm deionized water in order to eliminate the residues of hydrochloric acid.