The newly redesigned, patented* Protector XStream Laboratory Hood was engineered to be the best containing fume hood possible. Testing shows the Protector XStream easily meets containment per SEFA-1 low velocity hood standards when subjected to the ASHRAE 110 test protocol with results of less than 0.05 ppm leak rate when tested at 4.0 lpm at OSHA-recognized 60 fpm face velocity.
Using the concepts of fluid dynamics, Labconco engineers designed the Protector XStream Laboratory Hood to produce horizontal airflow, which reduces the tendencies for turbulence. The innovative and aerodynamic designs of the sash handle, air foil, upper dilution air supply and rear downflow baffle work in concert to produce horizontal airflow patterns that significantly reduce concentrations of chemical contaminants throughout the work area, particularly near the operator’s breathing zone and at the work surface. Depending on sash position, tendencies for air turbulence, vortexing and “the roll” frequently observed during traditional fume hood smoke tests are virtually eliminated.
Safety is foremost, but energy savings is equally impressive. Operating a 6' Protector XStream Hood at 60 fpm face velocity, with the sash in its fully open position, requires only 690 CFM. Regardless of your desired operating face velocity, the Protector XStream yields the lowest required CFM.
Energy savings translates to dollar savings. The Protector XStream Hood provides an excellent economic payback when compared to traditional by-pass hoods operated at 80 or 100 fpm. For even greater savings, the Protector XStream may be factory-prepared to accommodate a variable air volume system without the need for by-pass modifications.
All models feature:
- By-pass airflow design with variable air volume compatibility
- Eco-Foil Air Foil with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep™ airflow openings
- Cord-Keeper™ Slots on left and right side of air foil
- Upper Dilution Air Supply
- Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior
- Rear Downflow Dual Baffle System
- Chemical-resistant, fiberglass-reinforced, composite panel liner and baffles with flame spread index less than 25 per ASTM E84. Baffles are removable for cleaning
- Opti-Zone™ Baffle with tapered slots
- Tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash
- Powder-coated sash handle with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep™ openings
- 37.5" (95.3 cm) high sightline from the work surface to the header panel
- Removable front and side panels, and front and interior service access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring
- Pre-wired LED lighting with vapor-proof design and ADA-compliant light and blower switches. Lighting rated to 50,000 hours.
- Sash stop located at 18" (45.7 cm) sash opening position
- Powder-coated stainless steel, 12.81" (32.5 cm) ID exhaust connection(s)
All models conform to the following regulations and standards:
- CFR 29, Part 1910
- SEFA 1-2010
- NFPA 45-2011
- ASTM E84-09C
- ASHRAE 110-1995
- ANSI Z9.5-2011
- UL 61010-1
- CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1
- UL 1805
- CE Conformity Marking (230 volt models)
- SEFA 8-2010, Cabinet Surface Finish Tests
Fixtured models feature:
- Two pre-plumbed service fixtures with forged brass valves, lower right side with brass tubing for gas and lower left side with copper tubing for cold water. Components for converting either or both fixtures to air and vacuum are provided. Inlet tubing is not provided.
- One pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on lower right side and, on 8' models only, one additional pre-wired GFCI electrical duplex receptacle on the lower left side.
Required accessories not included:
- Remote Blower
- Work Surface
- Base Cabinet or Stand
Optional accessories for on-site installation include:
- Service Fixture Kits
- Electrical Duplex Kits
- Guardian Airflow Monitor Kits
- Ceiling Enclosure and Rear Finish Panel Kits
- Distillation Grid Kits
- Sash Stop Kits