ECH-Agarose contains carboxyl functional group for coupling of affinity ligand s via their amine groups for affinity chromatography. ECH-Agarose is prepared by condensation of Carboxyl Coupling Resin (Cat. # 786-797) with succinic anhydride, resulting in 15-atom hydrophilic spacer arm.
Amine groups of the ligand s bind to the ECH-Agarose by carbodiimide coupling method. In this coupling method the free carboxyl group of the resin reacts with amine group of the ligand to form a stable peptide bond in the presence of water soluble carbodiimide such as EDC (N-ethyl-N’-(3-dimethylaminopropyl) carbodiimide hydrochloride) at low pH (4-5).
Click here to request bulk or custom sizes.
- Resin Active group: -COOH groups
- Group to be coupled: -NH2 groups
- Resin Active group density: 50 µM carboxyl/ ml drained resin.
- 45-165µm particle size range
- Spherical, cross-linked agarose
- Resin spacer arm: 15 atom hydrophilic spacer arm.
- Coupling conditions: at 4°C- 25°C, pH: 4.5 -6 for 1.5 -24 hrs, Coupling could be done in organic solvents.
- No blocking reaction is required after the coupling reaction, saves time
- Storage: 2- 8°C
- ECH-Agarose contains carboxyl functional group for coupling of affinity ligand s via their amine groups for affinity chromatography
- ECH-Agarose provides 15 atom hydrophilic spacer arm that enables coupling of small ligand s containing amine groups