The gentle collection and lysis chemistry of the alcohol-free iSWAB buffer allows for recovery of double-stranded, large fragment DNA similar to the genomic DNA generated from blood, making it suitable for complex genomics downstream arrays such as microarrays and Next Generation Sequencing. Other non-invasive collection methods often utilize alcohol and can produce short DNA fragments limiting their usability to basic genotyping applications.
The iSWAB-DNA device allows for the collection and stabilization of DNA at the point of collection without the need for swab inclusion. Typical yields of between 5-30μg of DNA with <1% bacterial contamination can be achieved. DNA collection kit for humans that can capture samples producing high yields of double-stranded, long fragmented DNA from buccal cells using traditional swabs.
- Genetic Analysis: Epigenetics, Epidemiology, and Forensics
- Veterinary Testing: Genotyping, Breeding, Speciation
Collect-Stabilize-Concentrate-Transport-Extract-Store All in a Single Tube
- Simple, fast and convenient sample collection: Self collection or assisted collection with high simplicity and ease in less than 5 minutes
- High nucleic acid recovery: Up to 15µg (ISWAB-DNA-250) or 30µg (ISWAB-DNA-1200) of double stranded, long fragment DNA for downstream applications including microarray and NGS
- Low bacterial genomic DNA contamination: Achieve less than 1% bacterial genomic DNA contamination
- Swab-free sample transport: Decrease sample processing time without compromising sample integrity
- Accommodate for sample from various age groups: Suitable for all population segments including infants, toddlers, and elderly
- Traceable: LIMS compatible unique barcodes included on each iSWAB tube for efficient traceability and storage purposes
- Room temperature stable: reducing sample storage and transport costs by eliminating cold chain
- Scalable and easy to process: Manual and automation friendly sample processing
High Genomic DNA Yield - Due to the efficient Mawi proprietary stabilizing and bacteriostatic lysis storage buffer in the tube, iSWAB DNA achieves high genomic DNA yields.
Low Bacterial Genomic DNA Contamination - iSWAB was able to achieve low bacterial genomic DNA contamination compare to the traditional methods. Primers specific for the 16S ribosomal RNA gene were used as a simple method to obtain relative quantification of bacterial DNA.