Used for the collection of surface contamination from flat or convoluted surfaces prior to transport to a laboratory for culture and enumeration. Buffer swabs contain no bacteriostatic or bactericidal compounds and cannot suppress the action of detergents.
Features and Benefits
- Individually wrapped
- Qualitative and semi-quantitative hygiene control
- Sterile packed and ready-for-use
- Easy to handle
- Rapid results
- Long shelf-life
The SwabCheck principle
- The surface is wiped with a cellulose swab and any bacteria collected are transferred via the swab into a tube containing a special medium with an indicator dye, which is then incubated.
- A single bacterium is sufficient to cause a color change.
- With this simple method, it is possible to easily identify microorganisms such as Listeria monocytogenes.