Synonym: culture dishes, disposable petri dishes, plastic petri dishes
Innovative features and outstanding cell growth properties make the TPP tissue culture dishes the ideal choice for adherent cell culture in research and industry. These optically clear, high-grade polystyrene tissue culture dishes are tissue culture treated only on the base of the dish with a non-treated ring surrounding the growing surface to prevent cell attachment on the edge. A serrated ring around the bottom culture dish makes pick-up and handling of the dishes safe and easy, while also minimizing the risk of dropping dishes due to lid/base disassembly.
A special stacking ring, with spaces for a numeric scale (12, 3, 6, 9) set on the periphery, allows for safe and stable stacking of these tissue culture dishes. The numeric scale serves to ease locating areas of examination while the spaces they create in the stacking ring reduce condensation between stacked dishes and prevent the tissue culture dishes from sticking together.
Two marking areas, located on the top dish wall (yellow) and the bottom dish wall (frosted), act as a reference for top/bottom alignment and orientation. There are also six special stops built into the lid which facilitate optimal gas exchange during incubation.
• Every batch tested for cell growth characteristics
• Outstanding flatness and optical clarity for microscopic examination
• Unique serrated edge on bottom dish makes handling safe and easy
• Double writing surface
• Numeric scale in lid divides viewing area into quadrants to aid in examination
• Dishes are packaged in easy "peel-off" wrapping
• Guaranteed sterile by gamma irradiation