Heating tapes must be operated through a power control.
In both permanent and temporary applications, this tape heats odd lengths of glass tubes and metal pipes. Ribbon-type heating elements running lengthwise in the tape are encased in durable glass braid and are impregnated and covered with tough silicone rubber and then a tin-copper overbraid applied for grounding.
- Grounded for increased safety
- Ideal for use in high moisture areas
- Resistant to most laboratory environment
- Conditions easily pass a 1,000V test for electrical insulation
- Temperature Limit: 480°F
- Improve heat transfer
- Electrical: separable 4 foot 3 wire cord and locking connector
Power ratings are for tapes not covered by insulation when installed. If covered, temperature should be monitored and controlled to avoid exceeding 480 Degrees F limit. Short, narrow tapes rated at less than 115 volts must be operated at reduced voltages.