Wilmad Precision NMR Quartz Tubes have an extremely low thermal expansion rate and high tensile strength which is 14 times more robust during the cooling/heating process than Type 1 Class A glass tubes.
- Naturally occurring quartz maintains an over 85% transmission rate (10 mm thickness, with consideration of reflection loss) above 265nm that makes quartz tubes preferable in photochemistry studies
- Half the dielectric constant of Pyrex® glass helps improve the quality factor • Low Boron density at or below 0.1 ppm guarantees a clean background in Boron-11 NMR studies
- Tight ID and OD tolerance as small as 0.0065mm accommodates Wilmad inserts
- To maximize SNR, Precision NMR Quartz Tubes have minimal paramagnetic impurities that would impact shimming
- Manufactured in a state-of-the-art ISO 9001:2008 USA facility using a unique precision shrinking and grinding process to shape the inner surface with maximized filling factor
- Ideal for variable temperature experiments that have a temperature step over 120°C as well as experiments at temperatures up to 1300°C
- Inner surface is resistant to strong acid and base at ambient temperature
- 100% inspection with multiple NIST traceable gauges and optical surface defect checks
- Includes disposable cap
Note: Caps are not recommended for use with samples dissolved in chloroform-d or acetone-d6.