- 99.99% efficient HEPA filter
- Class 5 conditions per ISO 14644-1 and 2 (formerly Class 100)
- Minihelic II pressure gauge
- Double-gasket, negative pressure HEPA filter leak protection
- Front-mounted light and blower switches
- Variable speed motor/blower(s) with vibration isolation pads
- Fluorescent lighting
- Polarized and grounded electrical outlet(s)
- Glacier white epoxy-coated steel frame and exterior panels
- Dark gray melamine-laminated hard board work surface
- Angled front profile
- ETL listing, UL 3101-1/61010-1 and CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1 conformity (115 volt models)
- CE Conformity Marking (230 volt models)
- One year manufacturer warranty on parts and service
Standard Option Package
- Factory-installed, 254 nm UV lamp with interlocking safety switch allowing operation only when blower and fluorescent light are off
- Factory-installed, chrome-plated, forged brass service fixture(s) with quarter turn handle
The Purifier Horizontal Clean Bench protects your work. It is the Class 100 work station of choice when you work with materials that do not generate harmful aerosols or vapors, yet require a particulate-free environment. Suitable applications for the bench include plant tissue culture research, media preparation, electronic part inspection, syringe filling, medical device assembly and parenteral drug formulation.
Because air from the work area is dispersed directly into the laboratory, Purifier Horizontal Clean Benches should never be used in conjunction with biohazardous material, toxins or radionuclides.You and your safety officer must carefully assess the risk associated with any operation performed in a clean bench.
During operation, room air is drawn through a prefilter in the top of the bench to trap large particles. Then, the air flows through a 99.99% efficient HEPA filter and is projected horizontally across the entire work area. This HEPA-filtered air minimizes cross contamination in the work area and provides a particulate-free work environment.
Unique to the Purifier Horizontal Clean Bench is its double HEPA filter seal. The primary gasket seals the upstream side of the filter to prevent unfiltered air from leaking into the work area. The secondary gasket at the front of the HEPA filter seals the downstream side of the filter frame. The area between these two gaskets is maintained under negative pressure. Should a leak occur at the primary HEPA filter gasket, the contaminated air is immediately recaptured and refiltered.