The Cryo-Cup Grinder consists of a stainless steel, semicircular bowl (or mortar) imbedded in a double walled, insulating cup. Up to 5 grams of hard frozen tissue is placed in the mortar precooled to liq N2 temperature. Using the special hand-held pestle made of non-heat conducting plastic, the tissue is quickly reduced to a powder. Two different sized pestles are provided for a variety of applications.
- Ideal for extraction of proteins, enzymes and nucleic acids
- IStainless steel mortar strictly regulates temperature. Once cooled, no further liquid nitrogen is need during grinding
- IDesigned for 100mg to 5 grams of fresh tissue
- INon-porous, stainless steel mortar minimizes sample loss
- ISterilizable. Easily cleaned. Affordable... stock several to process multiple samples