Swift™ Membrane Stain is a unique, proprietary (patents pending), rapid, reversible, ready-to-use membrane stain for proteins on nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes. Swift™ Membrane Stain stains proteins faster and with 500 times more sensitivity than the routinely used Ponceau-S stain and other commercially available protein stains.
The lower detection limit of Swift™ Membrane Stain is approximately 0.5ng protein (BSA) per band on nitrocellulose membranes.Swift™ Membrane Stain stains only proteins, leaving remarkably clear backgrounds without the need to perform additional steps for background removal.The strong staining allows for easier image capture due to the powerful bright blue stain against a clear white background.
Swift™ Membrane Stain can be completely removed from the membrane in less than one minute without affecting the biological or immunological properties of the immobilized proteins.This offers an advantage over Coomassie-based stains, as these are irreversible and can interfere with Western blotting.
The kit components are sufficient for 20 blots of 8 x 8cm size.
- Reversible, ready-to-use membrane stain for proteins
- Compatible with nitrocellulose or PVDF
- Lower detection limit is ~0.5ng protein (BSA)/band on nitrocellulose membrane
- Outperforms routinely used Ponceau-S
- Outperforms Coomassie based stains
- For reversible staining of PVDF and nitrocellulose membranes