A major drawback of current blocking solutions, such as BSA , casein and milk powder, is that they are derived from animal sources. The presence of animal proteins can often lead to high non-specific backgrounds as antigens and antibodies, generated in animals, interact with the "blocking" animal proteins.
For improved assay sensitivity, minimal non-specific binding, and a high signal-to-background ratio, NAP-BLOCKER™, an animal-free protein blocking agent, is recommended. NAP-BLOCKER™ offers an alternative to milk-based blocking agents, minimizing the risk of non-specific binding of antibodies during the immuno-detection process and lowering the background. NAP-BLOCKER™ ensures no cross-reaction with your animal source antigens and antibodies, due to being 100% free of animal proteins.
NAP-BLOCKER™ is easy to use and generates high publication quality blots (1-3). NAP-BLOCKER™ is free from biotin and other cross-reacting agents present in most animal source blocking agents. NAP-BLOCKER™ ensures uniform blocking without non-specific binding and shows improved results compared to milk powder preparations.
NAP-BLOCKER™ is supplied as a pre-made, 2X concentrated solution; simply dilute with any buffer and block nitrocellulose or PVDF membranes. Alternatively, NAP-BLOCKER™ is supplied in PBS or TBS buffers.
- Animal-free, 2X concentrated solution
- Uniform blocking without non-specific binding
- Reduced background staining
- No cross-reactions with animal source antigens & antibodies
- High signal-to-background ratio
- Blocking agent for immunodetection assays
- Improved assay sensitivity & high publication quality blots
- Suitable for Western blot, dot blot & ELISA experiments