Overconsumption and a throwaway culture have led to a global waste crisis. While even complex trash is technically recyclable, most materials are not profitable to recycle. As a result, waste piles up in landfills and pollutes our planet while virgin materials are extracted from the earth to create new products.
At TerraCycle, their mission is Eliminating the Idea of Waste®. Businesses, government entities, and people like you work with them globally to keep trash out of landfills or from incineration. Through collaboration and innovation, they've developed the world's first solutions in everything from recycling to reuse.
Thomas Scientific & TerraCycle provide an easily accessible recycling solution for disposable gloves.
*Ready to Ship form must be sent to TerraCycle from a Thomas Scientific Sales Representative after it has been filled out by the customer.
WHAT IS A ZERO WASTE PALLET?
Zero Waste Pallets are the simple, all-in-one solution to recycle hard-to-recycle trash in bulk. The cost per pallet includes outbound shipping to your location, processing, and the recycling of waste not accepted through municipal recycling programs. Return shipping to TerraCycle is not included in the cost.
HOW DOES THE ZERO WASTE PALLET WORK?
After you order the Zero Waste Pallet that best fits your needs, collect your hard-to-recycle trash in the bag to be sent back to TerraCycle for recycling. Prior to shipping a pallet, notify your Thomas Scientific Sales Representative of the incoming shipment by completing and emailing the Ready To Ship form to them. A copy of the Ready To Ship Form must also be included with each pallet shipment. Shipments that arrive at TerraCycle facilities without a Ready To Ship Form completed may be rejected and returned at your cost.
WHAT CAN I PUT INTO THE ZERO WASTE PALLET?
Please refer to the accepted waste and unaccepted waste listed on your Zero Waste Pallet. Zero Waste Pallets do not accept or collect any type of hazardous waste, medical waste, or other regulated forms of waste. This includes anything that contains or has come in contact with hazardous or infectious substances.
HOW IS THE ACCEPTED WASTE RECYCLED?
Everything collected through the Zero Waste Pallets is sorted and processed into raw materials that can be reused instead of being sent to landfill.
- Plastics are separated by number, melted down, and turned into pellets that can be molded and extruded to produce new products.
- Metals are separated by type and smelted into ingots for reuse.
- Glass is cleaned and sorted by color for processing. It is then crushed and melted to be used in new glass products.
- Textiles are recycled into materials like stuffing in furniture and insulation.
- Fully synthetic fiber textiles are processed, pelletized, and made into new plastic products.
- Paper fibers are hydropulped. The separated fibers are recycled into new paper products or composted if recycling is not possible. Any resulting plastics are processed accordingly.
- Rubbers are generally cryomilled of ground into a powdered or crumb state for flooring applications.
DOES THE PALLET NEED TO BE COMPLETELY FULL BEFORE I SHIP IT?
Yes. We encourage you to only ship your pallet back to TerraCycle when it is full in order to maximize environmental and cost efficiencies.