The Next Level–Eppendorf Conical Tubes 25mL!
The latest member of the big Eppendorf Tube Family fills the gap between the volumes of traditional conical tubes of 15 mL and 50 mL. Optimized height, outstanding quality and specifications make these conical tubes ideally suited for cell biology e.g. for pooling media from T75 flasks, bacteria culture in midi prep size or overlapping applications like buffer preparation, storage and transport.
Discover the new Eppendorf Conical Tubes 25 mL! With the new Eppendorf Conical Tubes 25 mL, we take the field of conical tubes to the next level. When sample volumes higher than 15 mL but much lower than 50 mL must be prepared, centrifuged, mixed, or stored, researchers often have no choice but to use traditional conical screw cap tubes with a volume of either 15 mL or 50 mL. This dilemma is now resolved by the new Eppendorf Conical Tubes 25 mL. They have the same diameter as the 50 mL conical tube but are not as long. Thus the insertion depth of pipettes into the tube is much lower compared to a 50 mL conical tube. The new 25 mL tube is available with screw cap and also with the innovative SnapTec™ cap. This patented lid solution represents a unique snap cap within the conical tubes segment.
Premium raw materials without the use of slip agents, plasticizers, and biocides during manufacturing ensure highest sample integrity. High centrifugation stability up to 17,000 x g, lid tightness from -86°C up to 100°C as well as optimal sample and pellet visibility are assured.
Compatibility with existing laboratory periphery is given as this new Eppendorf tube has the same diameter as 50 mL conical tubes. System components like adapters for centrifugation, Eppendorf SmartBlock™, Test Tube Holder for MixMate®, storage box and single tube stand are available.
New cap design: flattened and grooved sides
- Supports a user-friendly, ergonomic handling (easy opening/closing) and one-handed operation
- Enables a stable upright positioning and thus minimizes contamination risk
- High-quality material and precision molding ensures a high tightness and minimizes sample loss
High centrifugation stability
Enables shorter centrifugation times and ensures high safety for samples, user and equipment.
"One for all"
A high purity grade makes the tubes suitable for sterile cell applications as well as for nucleic acid applications:
- Sterile & pyrogen-, DNase-, RNase-, and DNA-free (human & bacterial)
- Lot-individually tested and certified
- Reduced height gives easy sample access even with low-volume pipettes and tips–reduced risk of cross-contamination between pipette and tube
- Single-handed opening and closing through SnapTec™ cap version for fast liquid extraction and addition
- Centrifugation stability up to 17,000 x g1) for both tube variants - SnapTec™ cap and screw cap
- Tightness is ensured from -86°C up to 100°C1)
- Less storage space needed due to ~20% lower height compared to 50 mL conical tubes
- Matching accessories for centrifugation, mixing and heating, sample preparation and storage ensure straightforward integration into existing laboratory environment
- Premium USP class 6 raw material and no use of slip agents, plasticizers, and biocides during manufacturing ensure highest sample integrity and optimal sample and pellet visibility
- Screw cap with flattened and grooved sides supports a user-friendly ergonomic handling, enables a stable upright positioning, and reduces contamination risk
- Sterile, pyrogen-, DNase-, RNase-, and DNA-free. Each individual lot is checked and certified for quality and purity.
- SnapTec™ cap tube can be autoclaved up to 121°C (20 min)1)
1Test conditions: Rotor FA-45-6-30 in Eppendorf Centrifuge 5810 R (using a suitable centrifuge adapter for 15 mL tube), sample: saline solution (density: 1.0 g/mL), controlled centrifugation temp.: 25°C, centrifugation time: 90 min