Nasopharyngeal swabs and their ability to collect mucus and saliva and release them into the transport medium for diagnostic testing are of paramount importance in the detection of bacterial and viral infection.
US FDA and CDC recommends polyurethane swabs for diagnostic testing. Foamtec Medical’s Nasopharyngeal and Oropharyngeal swabs utilize Foamtec developed polyurethane foam technology that
provides an exceptional surface area to capture a maximum quantity of target fluids, while not bonding to those fluids providing high subject recovery. Foamtec Medical’s proprietary swab cleaning processes and
validated sterility ensure no background from RNAse and other contaminants for accurate test results. While delivering precise results, comfort in Nasopharyngeal swabbing is achieved with long, slender, flexible
handles keeping patient discomfort to a minimum while reaching remote areas of the nasal septum and oral cavities. The handles utilized in Foamtec Medical swabs are robust to allow for quick, maximum capture of
mucus and saliva and release with low patient discomfort.
• The high surface area captures the maximum amount of mucus and saliva
• No bonding to swabbed body fluids
• Validated sterile, clean swab surfaces
• Thin, high flexibility handles for Nasopharyngeal swabs
• Robust, accurate handles for Oropharyngeal swabs
• Ability to reach remote areas of the nasal septum and oral cavities
• High recovery rates of body fluids for accurate test results
• Maximum patient comfort