The SDNA whole saliva collection device has been engineered to lead the saliva collection market in molecular diagnostic applications. With over 20 million collection devices manufactured and distributed worldwide this innovative and technically-superior biosample collection device has been engineered to reduce self-collection error, is bacteriostatic, and consistently delivers the highest quality, protected and preserved, saliva samples for testing.
Spectrum’s CV3 patented blue preservation chemistry preserves both DNA and viral RNA samples during transport inactivating the live virus while suspending and stabilizing RNA transcripts for sensitive and specific analysis. The SDNA-1000’s intuitive design and minimal steps are a welcomed answer for those oering direct-to-patient diagnostic testing or any team that may have experienced clinical study or project failures due to sample self-collection errors in the past.
The SDNA saliva collection device additionally oers long-term stability and ships with verified, unique barcode serialization for biosample physical and digital chain-of-custody. Additionally, customized packaging, kitting, and fulfillment options are available to solve any special project or testing workflow requirements.
For many, choosing the wrong saliva collection device has introduced and often increased critical failure points. Spectrum’s new and technically-superior saliva collection device is the answer your teams and projects have been waiting for.
- Simple - Single device for DNA and viral RNA whole saliva collection, transportation, & Storage
- Compatible - Collection tube is compatible with automated platforms and customizable for incremental efficiency improvements
- Intuitive - Intuitive 3-step design, proven to reduce customer collection errors
- Storage - Post collection stability at room temperature for one year. Shelf life 24-months at room temperature for DNA
- Efficient - Significantly reduces costs associated with sample failures and recollection
- Shipping - Standard mail at ambient temperature over 2- weeks
- Solution - Innovative, patented stabilizing chemistry that preserves & protects healthy DNA/viral RNA, manages bacteria & delivers complete live virus neutralization
- First FDA EUA authorized saliva collection device for COVID-19 testing
- First FDA EUA authorized device for direct to-patient at-home sample self-collection
- Delivers 100% inactivation of the live virus at ambient temperature
FDA EUA Statement:
The SDNA-1000 Saliva Collection Device is intended for use by individuals to collect, stabilize, and maintain during transport, saliva specimens suspected of containing SARS-CoV-2 ribonucleic acid (RNA). The device may be used for unsupervised specimen self-collection by a layperson 18 years and older or for specimen collection by a healthcare worker from individuals of any age. Specimens collected using the SDNA-1000 Saliva Collection Device are transported at ambient temperature for testing at a laboratory.