Tear-A-Way™ plates allow for the most flexible, efficient and cost-effective use of a PCR plate. Avoid the costly use of half-empty plates or the fiddly separation of plates with scissors. Cutting plates can damage wells and sealing rings, risking evaporation and sample contamination.
Based on our standard non-skirted PCR plate, Tear-A-Way™ plates can be quickly and easily divided along the perforations between the rows. The correct number of wells can be separated off for each experiment, saving time and costs.
The Tear-A-Way™ PCR plate is available perforated either in the vertical direction, tearing into 8 well strips, or in the horizontal direction, tearing into 12 well strips. Both Tear-A-Way™ versions maintain all the benefits of our standard non-skirted PCR plate, but with increased flexibility.
- Allows for the most flexible and efficient use of a PCR plate
- No need to run half-empty plates, so reducing costs
- Plate is perforated to enable accurate tearing into either 8 well or 12 well strips
- No tricky cutting of plates with scissors risking perforating wells, damaging sealing rings and contamination
- Black grid reference on all strips — No sample identification errors
- Non-skirted plates — Universal cycler and sequencer compatibility
- 8 well version is easily divided into 24 and 48 well plates to fit a 24 or 48 well thermal cycler block
- 12 well version perfectly suited for gradient cyclers
- White version available for superior qPCR performance