96 well semi-skirted plate, vertically scored, snaps easily into strips of 8 tubes or part plates, cut corner A12; low profile, 0.1 ml polypropylene wells, polycarbonate frame, working volume: <100 µl, total well capacity: 200 µl
Our FrameStar® Break-A-Way plates utilise the 2-component design of the FrameStar® range, which combines the advantages of thin-walled polypropylene tubes for optimum PCR results and a rigid frame portion for easy and reliable handling.
This low profile plate has shorter wells than the standard profile plate (4ti-1000), decreasing the "dead space" between the heated lid of the thermal cycler and the sample. This eliminates condensation on the side wall of the tube, preventing reduction in PCR volume and increasing the efficiency of the reaction. Low profile products are especially recommended for use with reaction volumes below 20 µl.
- Fits majority of thermal cyclers
- Low profile 0.1 ml (100 µl) working volume, with a 0.2 ml (200 µl) total well capacity when used with sealing options
- Ultra-smooth, uniform, thin-walled polypropylene tubes for optimum PCR and real-time (RT-qPCR) results
- Rigid PCR plate that can be broken into smaller plate sections
- End tabs for easy handling and labelling 2-component design prevents distortion of tube strips
- Eliminates strip breakage
- Also available as FrameStar® Break-A-Way PCR Plate, Standard Profile for a 0.2 ml well option
- Compatible with standard multichannel pipettes
- Alphanumeric grid reference to aid well and sample identification
- The clear well variety is available in 7 frame colors for colour coding of experiments - purple, blue, clear, green, red, black, and white
- Also available as a black frame with white wells for use with optical assays such as qPCR
FrameStar® is covered by one or more of the following US patents or their foreign counterparts, owned by Eppendorf AG: US Patent Nos. 7,347, 977 and 6,340,589. FrameStar® is a registered trademark owned by 4titude®Ltd.
Azenta products are intended for sale/shipment within the US , Canada, and Latin America only. All other International customers should contact their local Azenta distributor to place orders for Azenta products.