Pulverize tissue and extract DNA or RNA from tiny tissue samples within a microcentrifuge tube. Stainless steel mortar has a welded fixture to hold a 1.5ml microcentrifuge tube. The mortar is suspended above a stainless steel cavity which holds the liquid nitrogen and is nested in a heavily insulated blue polyethylene housing.
- Permits grinding of smaller amounts of tissue directly in a 1.5ml microcentrifuge tube resulting in reduced sample loss and collection time
- Prevents tube from cracking by eliminating direct contact with liquid nitrogen
- Includes 12.7cm (5") long stainless steel pestle with 1.9 diam. x 10.2cmW (¾ x 4") polyethylene handle
- Housing overall dimensions: 16.5 diam. x 11.4cmH (6½ x 4½")
- Suction feet keep the unit stable on the workbench