Eukitt is a mounting medium (contains5% Acrylic Resin and 55% Xylenes), used in microscopy. It is an adhesive and specimen preservative that can be used manually and in automated coverslipping equipment. Special purpose adhesive and sealant for use with glass, non plastic and other non-reactive materials. It spreads quickly and evenly withoutforming any air bubbles.
- Fast-drying (20 minutes).
- Refractive index close to glass (1.510).
- Chemically neutral.
- Little sensitivity to water.
- No reaction to staining.
- Temperature limits: 42°C-17°C.
- Passive to ultraviolet light.
- Non yellowing, unaffected by cold.
- Stays optically clear for over 10 years.
- Can be used in place of epoxy resins for mounting petrographic thin sections.
- Used in fluorescence dyes in bones.
CAS #: 13512
UN #: UN1993