Casitose Yeast Peptone is a mixture of milk protein and yeast peptone, manufactured under controlled conditions to retain its nutritive values. It has highly nutritious to meet the growth requirements of wide variety of microorganisms. It is equivalent to Casein Yeast Peptone.
Application: For Cultivation of Wide Variety Microorganisms
- Appearance: Off white to light yellow homogenous free flowing powder, having characteristic odor but not putrescen
- Solubility: Freely soluble in distilled/purified water, insoluble in alcohol and ether
- Clarity: 1% w/v aqueous solution is clear without any haziness after autoclaving at 15 lbs pressure (121ºC ) for 15 minutes
- Reaction: Reaction of 2% w/v aqueous solution at 25ºC
- Cultural response: Cultural response observed after incubation at 35 - 37°C for 18-48 hours by preparing Tryptone Glucose Yeast Extract Agar (M014), using Casitose Yeast Peptone as an ingredient