Tychem® 6000 FR offers a single layer garment that provides triple hazard protection from liquid-chemical splash, flash fire and electric arc. Tychem® 6000 FR garments are designed to combine the trusted chemical protection of Tychem® and thermal/arc protection of Nomex® into a single layer garment. Tychem® 6000 FR garments are designed to help provide industrial workers and Hazmat responders with permeation protection against a broad range of toxic industrial chemicals and chemical warfare agents and to provide escape time from flash fires and protection from electric arc. Tychem® 6000 FR fabric provides at least eight hours breakthrough protection against 17 of the 21 standard ASTM F1001 chemicals and at least 30 minutes of protection for more than 180 chemical challenges including chemical warfare agents. The arc rating of Tychem® 6000 FR fabric is 15 cal/cm2 Ebt. This exceeds the NFPA 70E Hazard Risk Category 2 requirement of 8 cal/cm2. Typical Applications: HazMat Teams in Fire Departments, Industrial Fire Brigades, Clandestine Lab Investigation, Industrial Chemical Processing Plants, Laboratories.
- Tychem® Thermopro for triple hazard protection
- Jacket and bib overall combination ensemble. Jacket and bib overall not sold separately.
- Sewn with Nomex® thread and over-taped with chemical barrier tape of same flame resistant composition as garment fabric
- Key garment components (fabric, zipper, drawstrings) are flame resistant and thermally stable (will remain functional even after 5 minutes exposure to 260°C)
- Garment developed to meet the needs of industrial plant sites enabling easy donning and doffing
- Bright orange color for high visibility
- Made in the USA, North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) compliant and Trade Agreement Act (TAA) compliant
Tychem® 6000 FR Bib Overall & Jacket Combo. Elastic Wrists and Jacket Bottom. Open Ankles. Jacket has Double Storm Flap. Overalls have Adjustable Webbing Straps w/ Buckle Closure. Taped Seams. Orange.