With Cell Suspension Stirrer, Celstir®
- Entire flask assembly can be autoclaved
- Offered in six sizes, working capacities 25 to 1,000 mL
- Easy access through side arms
- Of Wheaton “200” borosilicate glass
- Cylindrical with screw neck and polypropylene cap
- Teflon®-faced cap, silicon rubber liner
Internal Teflon-covered impeller assembly permits gentle stirring of cell suspension cultures in sealed flasks by placing on a magnetic stirrer. Nylon bearing sleeve attached to the underside of cap supports Kynar®-coated, stainless steel shaft, with magnetic impeller at lower end, suspended above bottom of flask. Access to contents of assembled flasks provided by screw-cap side arms, attached at offset angle to allow insertion of pipet or probe without striking impeller shaft. Side arms are 9 mm i.d. and are suitable for decanting, filtered vent, inoculation, installation of sensing probe, etc. and are closed with Teflon-lined, plastic screw caps.