Nalgene filters have the Rapid-Flow multi-column membrane-support system. This proprietary system provides a uniform, consistent separation between touchpoints with the membrane, minimizing gap stress to maintain optimal flow.
- 0.1 micron filters guard against mycoplasma contamination
- 0.2 micron filters remove all bacteria
- 0.45 and 0.8 micron filters for particle removal and fluid clarification
- 90 mm diameter filters provide large surface area for serum and other hard-to-filter solutions
- Ergonomic design
- 1 1/2 turn screw cap, tapered sides and “grips” make the filter units and storage bottles easy to handle
- Wide base improves stability on the bench top
Nalgene SFCA: Surfactant-free cellulose acetate
(SFCA) contains none of the wetting agents found in standard CA (cellulose acetate). These wetting agents have been shown to be toxic to specific cell lines in vitro (1-3). SFCA also has lower protein binding than does standard CA. If you must use CA for media filtration, you owe it to your cell lines to switch to SFCA. SFCA is available only in Nalgene filter units and bottle top filters.