Nalgene filters have the Rapid-Flow multi-column membrane-support system. This proprietary system provides a uniform, consistent separation between touchpoints with the membrane, minimizing gap stress to maintain optimal flow.
- 0.1 micron filters guard against mycoplasma contamination
- 0.2 micron filters remove all bacteria
- 0.45 and 0.8 micron filters for particle removal and fluid clarification
- 90 mm diameter filters provide large surface area for serum and other hard-to-filter solutions
- Ergonomic design
- 1 1/2 turn screw cap, tapered sides and “grips” make the filter units and storage bottles easy to handle
- Wide base improves stability on the bench top
Nalgene PES: The best choice for cell culture
Polyethersulfone (PES) is the ultimate tissue culture membrane. It’s fast and clean. PES is low protein binding, so there is less chance of removing critical protein from your media. It is hydrophilic, so no external wetting agents or surfactants are needed, resulting in low extractables. And it is fast, so you spend less time waiting.