Perform quantitative measurements in life science laboratories with the automated and network-ready Thermo Scientific™ BioMate™ 160 UV-Visible Spectrophotometer. The BioMate 160 Spectrophotometer offers pre-programmed assay methods for nucleic acid and protein concentration as well as cell culture measurements. Optimized for usability and performance, this platform features a high-resolution color touchscreen, Wi-Fi networking, and a rugged design.
The BioMate UV-Vis Spectrophotometer provides automation for high-throughput options and room-light resistance, allowing lid-open operation for improved speed and convenience. Software includes pre-programmed life science methods such as Nucleic Acid A260; Protein A280 and A205; Protein Colorimetric assays and OD600.
A full line of accessories, including automated cell changers and cell holders, sipper, and fiber optic probes are designed to simplify sampling and accommodate high throughput measurements and temperature control.
- 7-inch high-resolution touchscreen user interface
- Pre-programmed life science methods
- Networking capable (WiFi ready)
- Room light resistance for "open-lid" operation
- Sipper accessory
- Removable, washable sample compartment liner with magnetic placement and hold-down
- Accommodates cells up to 100 mm pathlength
- (Optional) 8-position cell changer with switchable turret
- (Optional) 4-position cell changer (long path cells)
- (Optional) Peltier-thermostatted single cell holder (20 °C - 60 °C)
- (Optional) Accessory for test-tubes up to 25 mm diameter and 150 mm height
- Advanced teaching labs
- R&D departments
- Applications requiring high throughput or temperature control