Retrieve cell samples quickly and easily using Thermo Scientific™ Locator™ Cryogenic Rack and Box Systems, which feature a unique hanging rack and gridded box design, advanced vacuum insulation, unmatched temperature uniformity and an innovative liquid nitrogen monitor.
- Compact design minimizes space requirements while maximizing storage capacity
- System is suited for both manual and computerized inventory record-keeping methods
- Super-insulated vessels have special, narrow-mouth design that conserves liquid nitrogen by minimizing evaporation
- Samples are stored below -180°C, even when less than 2″ (5cm) of liquid nitrogen remains in the vessel
- Ultrasonic Level Monitor safeguards irreplaceable samples with minimal liquid nitrogen evaporation and conduction
- Advanced vacuum insulation minimizes liquid nitrogen evaporation and reduces operating costs
- Optional monitor provides continuous LED readout of liquid nitrogen level; activates visual and audible alarms when level falls below safe range of approximately 1″ (2.5cm)
- Optional alarm also alerts operator in the event of excessive liquid nitrogen loss
- Secure locking hasp prevents unauthorized entry
- Static holding time: 70 days
- 1600 (100/box)
- Evaporation rate: 0.85L/day
- Static holding time: 112 days
- 3600 (100/box)
- Evaporation rate: 0.99L/day
Includes: Stainless steel indexed racks that fit into corresponding locations in the vessel. Each rack has individual storage compartments that hold one Thermo Scientific™ Nalgene™ Cryogenic Storage Box.
Requires: Nalgene Cryogenic Storage Boxes (order separately). Each box has individually numbered storage areas for use with vials sized 2.0mL and smaller.