The S-EVAP-KD® solvent evaporator combines standard Kuderna-Danish concentration procedures with a unique rotary water bath and manifold, increasing sample throughput and conserving bench space. The instrument comes in 5, 8, and 10 position models. The S-EVAP-KD instruments are available in two temperature control options: digital control or mechanical thermostat. Different models accommodate various flask sizes (250 mL, 500 mL, and 1000 mL). Organomation’s S-EVAP solvent evaporators have a broad range of applications including concentrating extracted materials from Soxhlet operations and other KD evaporation methods.
At each sample position, the KD flask rests on the bath cover disk and the concentrator tube sits partially submerged in the deep water bath below the cover disk. The solvent boils from the flask and through the Snyder column. The solvent vapor then cools in the condenser which is attached to a centrally located water manifold. The glassware is held in place with quick disconnect fittings which allow for easy retrieval of samples. The solvent leaves the condenser through a specially designed side arm into either an individual collection flask or a centrally located solvent collection vessel. Solvent recovery through individual or central collection options reduces laboratory emissions and increases laboratory and environmental safety.
- Solvent recovery: recover up to 97% of starting solvent volume with individual or central solvent collection
- Conserves valuable bench space: all samples are arranged in a circle
- Easy sample access: the instrument rotates allowing all samples to be accessed from the front
- Fewer connections: one water supply line in, one drain line out
- Protects delicate samples: Organomation vacuum insulated concentrator tubes keep delicate samples safe
- Condenser water supply/drain manifold connects to a bench cold-water tap, or a refrigerated water chiller for improved control of condenser temperature and water conservation
- Parallel water supply/drain manifolds with quick disconnect tube fittings
- Bath temperature range 30°C - 100°C
- Evaporate solvents with boiling points up to 65°C
- Digital electronic temperature control +/- .5°C on models 12010 and 12018. Manual temperature control on models 12027 and 12037
GLASSWARE SOLD SEPARATELY