Centrifuge 5920 R features extraordinary high capacity and performance. Its capacity of up to 4 x 1,000mL / 52 x 50mL conical tubes makes it the ideal instrument for high-throughput applications.
Centrifuge 5920 R delivers extraordinary high capacity in a very compact and ergonomic product design. It has similar dimensions as competing refrigerated 3 Liter models and yet features a superior capacity of up to 4 x 1,000mL; thus making it the ideal instrument for high-throughput applications. It features a powerful state-of-the-art refrigeration system with advanced temperature management to keep your samples safe.
Universal buckets for both tubes and plates
Both Rotor S-4x1000 with high-capacity buckets and Rotor S-4xUniversal-Large allow for both tubes and plates to be used in the same bucket.
- Time saving: No need to exchange buckets
- Cost saving: No need for separate plate buckets
- Space saving: No need to store different buckets
4 liter capacity
Centrifuge 5920 R accommodates standard 1 liter Nalgene® bottles setting a new standard in the table top centrifuge segment. Compared to other custom-made 1 liter bottles the Nalgene bottle is narrow and allows for a better pellet compared to wider bottles. The higher capacity enables you to process a higher volume in fewer runs.
Advanced operating system
Centrifuge 5920 R comes with a modern operating system with outstanding functionality
- Menu-driven, multi-lingual operation menu with large backlit display
- Saves up to 99 user-defined programs
- 5 program keys for easy access to routine programs
- FastTemp pro® function for automated pre-cooling based on preprogrammable time and date
- Swing-bucket rotors and adapters accommodate tubes and bottles from 0.2 mL to 1,000mL
- Plate rotor options for centrifugation of all types of MTP, PCR or Deepwell Plates
- Fixed-angle rotors for high-speed molecular biology applications in tubes from 0.2mL to 50mL
- High centrifugation speed of up to 21,194 x g (13,700 rpm)
- Aerosol-tight Eppendorf QuickLock® caps and lids allow fast and ergonomic lid locking
- Centrifuge lid with soft-touch lid closure
- Quiet operation to improve your work environment
- Compact footprint saves valuable bench space
- Automatic rotor recognition and imbalance detection for maximum operational safety
Additional features for Centrifuge 5920 R
- Temperature range from -11°C to 40°C
- FastTemp function for quick pre-cooling
- FastTemp pro® function allows for automatic precooling based on pre-programmable time and date
- Continuous cooling maintains a constant temperature after the run has been completed – your samples stay cool
- ECO shut-off engages after 8 hours (adjustable) of non-use to reduce energy consumption and to extend compressor life
- Dynamic compressor control (DCC) technology for optimized cooling performance