The PMS-1000i microplate shaker provides reliable, regulated shaking for two or four microplates. With a speed range of 150 to 1200 rpm, the PMS-1000i can be adjusted to suit the application - gentle shaking to ensure that the well contents are not ejected, or more vigorous agitation for effective aeration across the small surface area of each of the wells.
- Variable shaking speed: 150 to 1200 rpm
- IDirect drive mechanism and brushless motor
- Set and display the speed (rpm
- Holds two or four microtitre plates
- Quick and easy screw fitting of any standard-depth 96- or 384-well plate
- Continuous or timed operation, with automatic switch off
- Platform for two microtitre plates supplied as standard. Platform for four plates (MPP-4) available as an option
- Easy-to-use integral electronic timer ensure accurate count-down and repeatability of time-sensitive incubations
- Quick and easy to use screw fittings keep the plates securely in position and allow fitting on any standard-depth 96- or 384-well plates
- Easy to read LED display clearly indicates time remaining on timed operations and speed in rpm
- Simple graduated dial to adjust the speed to suit the application: - gentle shaking to ensure that the well contents remain in situ, or more vigorous agitation for effective aeration across the surface area of each well
Applications: Suitable for mixing, incubation and cultivation of biological and chemical components in many life science disciplines including microbiology, cell and molecular biology, immunology and biotechnology. Specific applications include: immunoassays, HTS applications, colouration tests, binding of template DNA to silica-coated magnetic beads.
The PMS-1000i avoids low signal caused by inadequate re-suspension of purified PCR products, helps ensure the correct optical density in each of the wells and helps achieve maximum yield and quality in production of plasmid DNA.