Quality and economy
- Cut from colorless micro sheet which is of the highest resistance to attack by moisture; free from lead oxide; remarkably free from brittleness and very flat
- Precision controlled thickness is obtained
- Conforms to Interim Federal Specification NNN-C-001434A
- Relative absence of brittleness greatly reduces breakage in handling and cleaning, particularly of large rectangles
- Practically noncorrodible, corrosion under conditions other than tropical is highly improbable
- Thickness of Red Label Cover Glasses is controlled within the following tolerances:
- No. 0 - 0.085 to 0.13 mm thick, No. 1 - 0.13 to 0.17 mm thick, No. 11/2- 0.16 to 0.19 mm thick, No. 2 - 0.17 to 0.25 mm thick
Sizes in widest use are packed in a hinged-lid plastic box with die-cut foam plastic support liner. Cover glasses can be withdrawn singly without touching the surface. Remaining sizes are packed in small cardboard boxes. Ten 1 oz. boxes are packed in a convenient carton.
NOTE: thickness correction of microscope objectives is usually etched or printed on the objective.
Thickness of Red Label Cover Glasses is controlled within the following tolerances:
No. 1 - 0.13 to 0.16 mm thick
No. 1 1/2 - 0.16 to 0.19 mm thick
No. 2 - 0.19 to 0.23 mm thick