Developed specifically for EPA Method 1664A - Oil & Grease (n-Hexane Extractable Material (HEM) in Aqueous Samples).
Compatible with Horizon SPE Extractors
Obtain faster flow-rates without sacrificing recovery and reproducibility. One-piece 3-layer construction:
- Top layer - PP pre-filter
- Middle layer - Flow enhancing C18 sorbent
- Bottom layer - PP scrim
Empore membrane SPE technology comprises of SPE particles tightly enmeshed within a network of inert PTFE fibrils (90% SPE particles : 10% PTFE, by weight). The SPE-membrane fabrication process results in a highly dense and uniform extraction medium that offers distinct advantages over traditional sorbent/packed-bed SPE products. Empore SPE technology provides a denser, more uniform extraction bed than traditional packed bed products allowing for smaller bed weights, shorter analyte to pore diffusion paths, and more efficient extractions.
The Empore line of SPE disks comprises of the most complete line of SPE disks for extracting large volumes of aqueous samples. The product line ranges from time-tested C18 to unique phase chemistries such as carbon and the highly polar Oil and Grease disk. The disks are ideal for environmental analysis where 1 L sample volumes are not uncommon and provide an efficient alternative to LLE.
Save Time and Money:
- Reduced SPE Bed Mass = Reduced SPE Solvent and Elution Volumes
- Minimize SPE eluate evaporation time
- Potentially allows for direct injection of the SPE eluate
- Dense and; Uniform Extraction Medium = No SPE Channeling and Voiding
- Efficient mass-transfer kinetics allow for faster flow rates
- Eliminate SPE fines improving column and instrument life