IBI Tri-Isolate is a phenol and guanidine isothiocyanate plus spin column system for convenient purification of high quality total RNA from a variety of samples including cultured cells, tissue, body fluids, bacteria, and plant tissue. Initially, samples are homogenized in IBI Isolate Reagent without chloroform phase separation or isopropanol RNA precipitation. Following sample homogenization, simply bind, wash, and elute the high quality, total RNA in RNase-free water. The purified RNA can be used in a variety of downstream applications, including cDNA library construction, cloning, RT-PCR (End-point), Real-Time PCR, nuclease protection assays, northern blotting.
IBI Tri-Isolate is tested on a lot-to-lot basis. 10 µl from a 50 µl eluate of purified RNA is analyzed by electrophoresis on a 0.8% agarose gel.
- Sample Size: up to 5 x 106 cultured cells, 10 – 50 mg tissue, up to 200 µl body fluids (blood, buffy coat, serum, plasma), 1 x 109 bacterial cells, 20 – 50 mg plant tissue
- Cost effective phenol, guanidine isothiocyanate solution plus spin column system
- No chlorophorm phase separation
- No isopropanol RNA precipitation
- No phenol carryover
- High quality RNA: A260/A280 > 1.8, A260/A230 > 1.8
- Operation Time: 15 minutes or less
- Elution Volume: 25 – 50 µl
- Binding Capacity: 50 µg RNA from > 25 µl DNase/RNase-free water
- Applications: cDNA Library Construction, Cloning, RT-PCR (Endpoint), Real-Time PCR, Nuclease Protection Assays, Northern Blotting