FD Apop™ Kit is designed for the microscopic detection of cells undergoing apoptosis based on the principle of in situ DNA nick-end labeling (TUNEL) technique. The assay uses terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase to catalyze the incorporation of biotinylated deoxyuridines onto the free 3'-hydroxyl termini of DNA fragments, which are considered one of the most characteristic features of apoptosis. The integrated biotins are amplified and visualized with the avidin-biotin-complex (ABC) method, enabling light microscopic identification.
The reagents and procedure of FD Apop™ Kit have been optimized to achieve a high degree of both specificity and sensitivity for detecting apoptotic cells with minimal background. This kit can be used with frozen and paraffin sections, as well as cultured cells. The procedure of the kit takes approximately 4 hours.
Part I (Store at -20°C)
- Digestive Enzyme, 2mL x 4
- Reaction Solution A, 2mL x 2
- Reaction Solution B, 60 µL
- Reaction Solution C, 40 µL
- Chromogen Solution, 20mL
Part II (Store at 4°C)
- Equilibration Buffer, 20mL
- Detection Reagent, 6mL
- 10x Phosphate-Buffered Saline, 250mL x 2
Materials required but not included:
- Double distilled water
- Humidified chamber Incubator or waterbath (30°C)
- Histological supplies and equipment, including microscope slides, glass coverslips, staining jars, fine-tipped forceps, ethanol, xylenes or xylene-substitutes, mounting medium, and a light microscope