Welcome Phenix Research Products customers! With integration into Thomas Scientific’s systems now complete, we are excited to share some important information with you.
We want a seamless transition for you. Working diligently to anticipate your concerns, we created a list of frequently asked questions to assist you through this process. We will update this page as needed, so check back often to receive the most up-to-date information.
When did Thomas Scientific acquire Phenix Research Products?
- Thomas Scientific, LLC acquired Phenix Research Products on December 19, 2017.
How does the purchase of Phenix Research Products by Thomas Scientific impact me?
- The purchase of Phenix Research Products opens a world of additional products and suppliers for you. Now part of Thomas Scientific, Phenix Research Products can now offer over 700,000 products including the same high-quality products you have purchased in the past.
Can I still use the same Phenix Research Products customer service phone number, or should I call Thomas Scientific?
- Yes, the Phenix Research Products customer service phone numbers, (800) 767-0665 or (828) 418-1060, can still be used.
Can I still use the same Phenix Research Products fax number to place orders?
- Yes, the Phenix Research Products fax number, (828) 670-7020, can still receive your orders via fax.
Can I still email Phenix Research Products to place orders?
- Yes, the Phenix Research Products email address, email@example.com, can still receive your orders via email.
Can I still place orders on the web?
- Yes, you will find the same products from phenixresearch.com on thomassci.com. Through Thomas Scientific, you will have access to over 700,000 laboratory and clinical products to further assist you in your science.
Do I still have a Phenix Research Products account number?
Will I still have the same account manager?
- Thomas Scientific has migrated your account information over into its system, where you have received a new account number. Your account number is the prefix “PX” followed by the first 6 digits of your original Phenix account number (i.e. PX123456).
- Yes. We know you value your relationship with your account manager. It is Thomas Scientific’s intent to continue to support and work with the current Phenix Research Products sales force.
What happens to any open orders that I have with Phenix Research Products?
- Phenix Research Products fulfilled as many open orders and POs as possible prior to integration. Any orders not fulfilled at the time of integration have been merged into the Thomas Scientific ordering system. Please note that packing slips and invoices for orders fulfilled from this point on will say Thomas Scientific, rather than Phenix Research Products. If you have questions regarding open orders or your organization’s specific processes, please reach out to your account manager or customer service representative.
Where should I send future purchase orders (POs)?
- Please list Thomas Scientific as the vendor for all new POs. You can submit your POs using the same Phenix Research Products’ phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses that you have in the past.
Can I still use my university’s purchasing system, which sends orders to Phenix Research Products?
- Yes, orders placed through your university's purchasing system will be redirected to Thomas Scientific's ordering system.
Can I still use my organization’s punchout/catalog purchasing system (i.e. SciQuest), which sends orders to Phenix Research Products?
- Thomas Scientific is currently working with Phenix Research Products to properly migrate this functionality into the Thomas Scientific’s platform. Please stay tuned for more information.
Will this acquisition have an impact on delivery of my product?
- Yes, in a good way! Having acquired multiple distributors, Thomas Scientific can now service our customers utilizing multiple shipping locations around the country. We are analyzing our customer base and moving inventory to optimize our shipments for faster delivery.
What will it say on my invoices?
- Invoices have shifted from Phenix Research Products to Thomas Scientific. Orders shipped from this point on will be invoiced by Thomas Scientific. Click HERE to view a sample invoice from Thomas Scientific.
I have additional questions that were not addressed here.
- If we did not answer your specific question, please contact customer service:
Phenix Research Products: (800) 767-0665, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas Scientific: (800) 345-2100, email@example.com
Please, identify your issue in the subject line of your email so that we can best assist you.