Both Thomas Scientific and E&K Scientific are working hard to address as many questions and concerns you, our customers, may have about this integration. Below are some of the many things we will be addressing in the days to come, so please check back here often for the most up-to-date information.
When I dial the E&K Phone numbers that I have always used, will it now be answered by Thomas Scientific Customer Service?
- No. Your E&K team is still answering the phone numbers as before. Eventually we will merge the customer service teams from both companies in order to give our customers a higher level of service, but nothing is changing until further notice.
Do I still have a E&K Account number?
- Thomas Scientific has worked at great lengths to capture your E&K Account Number information and to reflect your previous E&K Account Number as much as possible in the Thomas system.
What about my open orders that I have with E&K Scientific?
- E&K Scientific has fulfilled as many open orders and open POs as possible. Any orders not fulfilled at the time of integration cut-off were then merged into the Thomas ordering system, along with any pertinent information and notes, to ensure a timely delivery of your products.
Can I use the same fax number to place orders?
- Yes. The E&K Team is still receiving your orders via fax. Eventually faxes will be redirected to the appropriate Thomas Scientific fax number and processed by the enhanced Thomas/E&K customer service team.
Where should I send future Purchase Orders (POs)?
- Going forward, all new POs should be submitted to Thomas Scientific.
Is Thomas Scientific receiving my orders that I emailed to E&K Scientific?
- Yes. Thomas Scientific is receiving the orders that you send via email. They are being handled by the E&K team that has been serving you in the past and will be in the future.
Is Thomas Scientific receiving the orders that I enter through EDI to E&K Scientific?
- Both E&K Scientific and Thomas Scientific are staying on top of that! Every customer that has an electronic catalog loaded in their Purchasing systems with E&K Scientific will be addressed by our IT department. Please stay tuned for direct communication regarding your electronic catalog.
I like to order items on the web. Will I still be able to do that?
- Yes, absolutely! You will find the same product categories that you used to shop on the E&K website, as you get redirected to ThomasSci.com. You also have access to over 700,000 laboratory and clinical products to further assist you in your science.
Will I have the same sales representative?
- Yes. We know that the relationship you have with your sales rep is important to you, and it is Thomas Scientific’s intent to continue to support and work with the existing E&K sales force.
How does the purchase of E&K Scientific by Thomas Scientific impact me?
- The purchase of E&K Scientific opens up a world of additional products and suppliers to all E&K customers. Not only will you have access to the high quality products from E&K, just as you did in the past, you now have access and the ability to purchase the hundreds of thousands of items available in the Thomas Scientific distribution network.
Will this acquisition have an impact on delivery of my product?
- Yes - in a Good way! Through the acquisition by Thomas Scientific, E&K now has multiple locations to ship from. Thomas Scientific is analyzing the customer base and the intent is to move any necessary inventory in order to bring faster delivery to our customers.
What will it say in my invoices?
- Good question! Invoices will be shifting from E&K Scientific to Thomas Scientific. If your order was entered and shipped prior to the integration, you will be invoiced by E&K. Orders entered and shipped post integration will be invoiced by Thomas Scientific. Click HERE to view a sample invoice from Thomas Scientific.
My question wasn't really answered here. What should I do?
- Both E&K Scientific and Thomas Scientific are ready to assist you! If your specific question was not answered here to your satisfaction, please contact our customer service departments by calling: 800-934-8114 (E&K) or 800-345-2100 (Thomas), or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or AquisitionInfo@thomassci.com (please put your issue in the subject line of your email so that we can best assist you). We look forward to helping you!