Why Thomas Scientific?
Serving the scientific community for over 100 years, we put our customers first!
We have partnered with hundreds of customers to provide best-in-class vendor managed inventory programs with your lab operations in mind. We have a proven track record for customer inventory management freeing you up to focus on your business growth.
Let us be your Integrated Partner! TIMS Vendor Managed Inventory Brochure
We offer various level programs to suit your needs
- Level 1: Products delivered to Dock or Staging Area
- Level 2: Stockroom Management and De-trashing Service
- Level 3: Point-of-Use, Gown Room Management, De-trashing Service
- On-site Service: On-site Materials Management, Gown Room Management, De-trashing Service
- Integrated Services: Specialized Services, Warehouse Management, Kitting Service
|Program Level||Service Description||Delivery Service||Customer Service||Inventory Management||SOW||Reporting||Recycling|
|Level 1 VMI||DOCK: Service customers to their receiving dock||Thomas Truck Cart / De-trashed||Yes||VMI Driver||Yes||Yes||—|
|Level 2 VMI||ROOM: Service to the customers stockroom or storage area||Thomas Truck Cart / De-trashed||Yes||VMI Driver / Cloud Mobile Inv||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Level 3 VMI||POU: Service to the point-of-use Lab or Gownroom||Thomas Truck Cart / De-trashed||Yes||VMI Driver / Cloud Mobile Inv||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|On-Site Service||ON-SITE: Customer on-site inventory management within the customer’s facility||Thomas Truck Cart / De-trashed||Yes||VMI Driver / Cloud Mobile Inv||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Integrated Services||INTEGRATED SERVICES: Provide customer on-site specialized services beyond traditional services||Thomas Truck Cart / De-trashed||Yes||VMI Driver / Cloud Mobile Inv||Yes||Yes||Yes|
In addition to on-site inventory management support, every TIMS account is assigned a dedicated Production Customer Service Specialist (PCSS). Your PCSS will provide a high-touch, 360-degree supply chain management experience designed to provide peace of mind over your inventory – allowing you and your team to focus fully on the science and research at hand.
Our PCSSs have committed themselves to the Thomas Scientific portfolio and are experts in determining which products your facility requires to remain in optimal working order. They also have their fingers on the pulse of quotes, returns, and new product needs, and will work hand-in-hand with your on-site rep to quickly resolve any technical or logistical issues that may arise. Other responsibilities include:
- Onboarding/documentation of new and existing customer requirements
- Proactive review and management of customer’s critical materials
- Coordination of communication across TIMS functions: purchasing, quality, transportation, and more
- Setup of customer part numbers into ERP as requested
- Expedition of customer backlog as needed
- Contribution to customer review process and presentations
Thomas Scientific’s dedicated Production Customer Service Team works tirelessly to ensure quality management of customer-specific requirements, order accuracy, on-time delivery, certifications, and communication. Fill out the form below to learn more about how we can help optimize your supply chain.
Thomas Inventory Management Solutions Powered by Cloud-Based Technology
Thomas Scientific leverages the best-in-class Clear Spider software solution - a cloud-based laboratory inventory management system that gives clients access to real-time information providing more visibility in the supply chain reducing risk and improving inventory management. Our cloud-based mobile app provides enhanced user experience while lowering maintenance and management costs.
- Our cloud-based platform is easy-to-implement and easy-to-use. Get your organization up and running in a snap.
- Our software can be out-of-the-box or customized to suit your unique business needs – part numbers, shelf life, lot numbers, etc.
- Scanning your items increases efficiency and accuracy. Information is captured and posted by Thomas Scientific through a cloud-based mobile app, quickly communicating inventory availability.
- Standardized or customized reporting for efficient inventory planning and control.
- You can have multiple users with various access levels and permissions to streamline collaboration. Having everyone on the same page saves you time and money.
- Since your inventory data resides in the cloud, you have real-time access 24/7 from any device.
- The system alerts you when you need to restock product. This makes your business practices more efficient. Pick the right algorithm to minimize your inventory spending.
- You will always be operating on the most current inventory platform with no maintenance required.