Each unit is a fully equipped, protected passageway that allows large numbers of personnel to pass into controlled areas without sacrificing convenience or cleanliness.
Air Showers and Tunnels supply concentrated Class 100, clean air flows to lift off contamination while an individual stands in, or walks through, a specially constructed air chamber. Whenever an automatic floor switch inside the unit is activated, pressurized air streams from adjustable nozzles at a velocity between 6,000 and 8,000 feet per minute (30 m/s and 41 m/s), a force that ensures efficient scrubbing action necessary to remove particulate matter. (Air showers in units without floors are activated by motion sensors.)
Nozzles are arranged on walls and ceilings in a uniform pattern to ensure effective distribution of filtered air; the lowest nozzle is positioned 18" (483 mm) off the floor. The closed-loop circulation design directs contaminated air downward through grills and hollow walls of the Air Shower and back to the filter, which removes 99.97% of all particles as small as 0.3 microns.
Interlocking doors prevent unnecessary contamination inflow and thereby prevent cross-contamination of the cleanroom and the Air Shower or Tunnel. They automatically release in the event of a power failure to ensure operator safety. Fluorescent lighting, built into the ceiling to allow unimpeded air circulation, ensures full visibility no matter what size or configuration you select. In addition, an emergency stop button on each Air Shower/Tunnel sounds an alarm and releases the door lock for exiting.
Motor/blower compartment has hinged access panels:
- Return air plenums are painted
- Door interlocks operate on magnetic system
- HEPA filter mounted on exit side of shower in top section
- 360 degree adjustable air nozzles
- Anodized aluminum doors with clear acrylic windows
- 0-999 second adjustable operation pre-set to 30 seconds
Electrical & Power Requirements:
- All electrical components UL Approved. 230V or 460V, 3 Ph
- Junction box on top for customer power supply
- Control circuitry 12V DC & 24V AC
- Motor/Blower Assembly
- High efficiency motors to reduce electrical load
- Motors thermally protected & self-lubricating. Motors/Blowers are selected to maintain constant required airflow rate up to twice the initial static pressure
- Filter/Blower housing has simple plug-in connector
- Lighting -Recessed 2 pin fluorescent lighting. 60ft. candles
- Shower operation controlled by solid state LCD timer, with tamper-proof closure to ensure selected setting is maintained
- Emergency "off" button with audible alarm installed inside shower. Built-in relays from motors, locks and timers. Sequential operation initiated by sensor & door magnetic switch