Ultraseal Pro, pneumatically and electrically operated heat sealer for storage plates and vial racks, 110/220V
The Ultraseal is an automated heat applied microplate and tube rack sealer. The unit uses a roll of aluminium or plastic fi lm approx.78mm wide and 610m long. The roll is positioned to the rear of the sealing section via a spooling system. Using a total inline method, the fi lm is pulled through the main unit, cut to between 125mm and 130mm in length and then applied to the plate top surface to create a seal between plate and fi lm.
Offering complete versatility, the sealer will work with tube racks and a wide range of shallow and deep well plates.
A Gas Purge option allows the user to lay a heavy gas coating to the well surface prior to sealing, off ering a protective barrier to the air void often left between sample and seal, with the gas laid prior to sealing an oxygen reduce or virtually oxygen free space environment can be achieved.
Throughput: 6 plates per minute
Operator Friendly: Easy to program and operator- and integrator-friendly
Versatile: Able to use multiple microplates across applications.
Reliable: Engineered with robustness in mind
• Heat Sealer ambient to 199°C
• Multi voltage 110/220 VAC supply
• Foil Seals
• Integration ready RS232 interface
• Optical Seals
• Gas Permeable Seals (optional)
• Automatic cut and apply seals
• Auto link to stacker (optional)
• Plate height range 7 - 48mm
• Heavy Gas pre-seal application manifold
• Shuttle extension module for greater access
• Electric: The unit can handle both 110/220 VAC supplies but must be rated to a minimun of 6 Amps
• Pneumatic: The unit requires a supply rated to min 5.5bar, max 6.5bar, 50 litres/minute.
• Weight: Approx.12 kgs
• Dimensions: 630mm (L) x 195mm (W) x 450mm (H) (including fi lm roll)
• Comms lead: 3m RS232 (3 wire 2,3 and 5 connection non-twisted)
• Shuttle extension: Extends an additional 34mm, off ering greater access to plate nest
• Gas Permeable Sealing: Requires high LPM air supply rated to a minimum of 140LPM at 5.5bar
• Gas Purge: Requires heavy gas supply, 6mm pipe with 0 - 10 PSI control, additional gas safe monitoring is needed or suitable fume hood.
Non-Woven Gas Permeable Peelable Film for Cell & Seed Culture
Non-woven gas permeable, limits evporation, peelable, pierceable; designed for cell culture and suitable for seed and insect storage. For polypropylene and polystyrene plates only. This seal is a non-woven material specially designed for use in cell culture. Its porous properties allow gas exchange to occur while provinding an inert surface and no adhesive to interfere with the well contents. This can be used for effective overnight incubations, during which it demonstrates significant reductions in evaporation when compared to lids.
- Seal integrity range: -20 degrees centigrade to 80 degrees centigrade
- Autoclavable (121 degrees centigrade)
- Seals polypropylene and polystyrene
- Suitable for cell culture, overnight incubations as well as insect and seed storage.
Ultraseal™ ePRO Fully electrical operation plate sealer
Featuring all-electric operation, the Ultraseal ePro removes the risk of cross-contamination inherent in compressed air powered sealers. The use of force-sensors allows dynamic feedback during the entire sealing process to ensure a complete homogenous seal. All operations are controlled through an intuitive touchscreen interface. Capable of handling foil lengths between 116mm and 128mm, the ePro automatically compensates for variations in plate heights.
• All electric operation, removing the risk of cross-contamination inherent in compressed air powered sealers.
• No need for expensive compressed air supply.
• Intuitive touchscreen user interface.
• Variable foil length capability: 116mm to 128mm lengths.
• Closed-loop seal force monitoring and control system.
• Sealing force tolerance allows the force applied to be defi ned.
• Closed-loop controlled sealing temperature.
• Tool-free sealing foil loading.
• Gas permeable fi lms can be processed.
• Automatically compensates for plate heights.
• User-defi ned variable seal time and pressures via screen.
• Quieter than conventional pneumatically driven units.