For the collection, preservation, and transport of clinical specimens to a testing laboratory. Transport medium serves as a culture media for non-propagating transport of specimens.
10mL polypropylene plastic tubes with screw cap
Medical grade, nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal nylon flocked swabs.
Volume of Media
Transport Media Type
Universal transport media, sterile, made with salts, antibiotics, preservation agents for viruses, chlamydiae, ureaplasma, and mycoplasma, and collection tube.
pH of Media
Specimen Storage Temperature
Room or cold temperature, 2-25°C
Media Type & Composition
Sterile viral transport media with pH indicator, antibiotics, and collection tube, includes:
- Hank’s Balanced Salts Solution (HBSS)
- Phenol Red
- Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA)
- HEPES Buffer
- Gentamicin Sulfate
- L-Glutamic Acid
Media and Virus Stability
- Unused media may be transported and stored at room temperature, 15°C - 25°C.
- Shelf life of unused media is 12 months.
- After collection, samples should be stored and transported at room or cold temperature 2 to 25°C for up to 48 hours.
- If samples must be stored longer than 48 hours, it is recommended to cryopreserve them at -70°C.