For some applications, the use of a combination of ECM proteins, such as Laminin (LM) and Fibronectin (HFN) or LM and attachment factors such as Poly-D-Lysine (PDL) or Poly-L-Orinthine (PLO) has been shown superior to the use of either alone. Corning BioCoat PDL/LM and PLO/LM Cultureware is suitable for culturing many different types of Peripheral Nervous System (PNS) and Central Nervous System (CNS) networks and is useful for promoting neural cell attachment and differentiation. Corning BioCoat LM/HFN Cultureware provides an in vitro environment that promotes cell attachment and extensive process formation.
- Enhancement of neuronal cell attachment to plastic and glass
- Promotion of neurite outgrowth
- Culture of glial cells as a feeder layer for neurons
- Construction of neural cell model systems to study CNS function, development, and diseases
Source: PDL, synthetic (MW 75-150 kD) PLO, synthetic (MW 30-70 kD) Laminin, EHS mouse tumor Fibronectin, human plasma
NOTE: Source material tested for hepatitis B antigen and HIV-1 antibody.
- PDL/LM and PLO/LM tested for ability to initiate differentiation (neurite outgrowth) of NG-108 rat glioma/mouse neuroblastoma cells
- LM/HFN tested for receptor agonist induced changes in intracellular calcium using Fluo-3A (a long wavelength fluorescent calcium indicator) in primary rat cortical neuron enriched cultures
- Tested and found negative for bacteria and fungi
Storage: 2° to 8°C. Do not freeze.