The disposable spinner flask system comes ready-to-use with paddle and integrated magnet, eliminating the need for time-consuming assembly or cleaning and reassembly.
Molded from virgin polystyrene and gamma-irradiated, each spinner flask system assures a clean and sterile unit that is nonpyrogenic. No more concerns with detergent residues or contamination.
Made of USP Class VI and ISO 10993-18 polystyrene, the vessel is comparable to conventional glass spinner flasks for growth of suspension cell lines and any attachment-dependent cultures using microcarrier beads.
The paddle size and height is optimized for each vessel size. A unique integrated magnet provides a smooth, even rotation at required speeds on any laboratory slow speed stirrer. Heat build-up in the vessel is reduced by means of a specially designed flange that raises the vessel off the stir-plate surface. This flared base also provides extra stability and support.
- The 1L spinner flask body is constructed of polystyrene, paddle and shaft from polypropylene and caps from high density polyethylene. All are ISO 10993 compliant materials
- Preassembled Flasks have one aseptic connector preassembled to one side arm. Opposite side arm has a flat cap. (Cat. No. 3568)
- Recommended working range of 300mL to 1L
- Extended paddle design ensures constant top-to-bottom motion of the liquid without having to adjust the height of the paddle
- Bottom contours on the paddle hug the shape of the flask, eliminating dead spots
- Two wide neck openings for easy pouring; easily accept a 100mL pipet
- Vertical side baffles break up laminar flow - ensures better mixing and maximizes cell production
- Each system is supplied individually double bagged
- Sterilized by gamma irradiation; have the highest Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10-6 and meets USP XXIV:71 Bacteriostasis, Fungistasis and Sterility Standards
- Single use only. Flasks cannot be autoclaved or resterilized with alcohol. Any attempt to do so will result in degradation of the materials
- Optional Vented Caps (Cat. No 3567) and Aseptic Transfer Caps (Cat. No. 3562) are available
- Aseptic Transfer Caps are sterile (10-6 SAL), individually double bagged and fit the side arms on 1L Corning® Disposable Spinner Flasks (Cat. No. 3561)
- Cap is made of high density polyethylene; autoclaving is not recommended
- The venting port ends in a 25mm diameter vent filter with a 0.2µm pore PVDF membrane and a barbed fitting
- The liquid transfer port has an internal end with a rigid polypropylene dip tube angled to reach the bottom of the flask and on the external side a 1/8 inch ID (3.2 mm), 1/4 inch OD C-Flex tubing ending in a male luer lock (MLL) connector closed with a female luer sealing cap
Disclaimer: These products are not intended to mitigate the presence of microorganisms on surfaces or in the environment, where such organisms can be deleterious to humans or the environment.