The Rhinostics Standard Nasal Swab Collection Kit enables high-performing simplicity in nasal and buccal swab sample collection and processing methods. The Rhinostics Standard Nasal Swab is fully molded from polypropylene to bypass traditional swab supply chains. This soft material and unique “caterpillar” head contours provide the utmost in patient comfort while providing sufficient sample amounts. A notched breakaway snap point near the swab head facilitates insertion into the accompanying transport tube included in the Rhinostics Standard Nasal Swab Collection Kit. Dry shipment means that viral transport media (VTM) is not necessary so that labs can save on reagent costs, eliminate risks of leaking or liquid biohazard contact, and bypass time-consuming concentration steps. Unlike antiquated flocked or wound fiber swabs that retain sample upon elution, the hydrophobic nature of this swab ensures rapid and complete sample elution. In fact, the Rhinostics Standard Nasal Swab provides up to 30X sample concentration versus other swabs transported in VTM.
- Ideal for any nasal or buccal sampling needs, including genetic testing, respiratory panels, COVID-19, and other respiratory pathogen tests.
- Soft collection head is designed for comfortable sample collection, even during self-collection methods, from the front of the nasal cavity with high collection capacity.
- Dry transport eliminates risks of liquid spills and contamination and also eliminates the need for concentration steps.
- Lack of VTM and hydrophobic materials enable complete sample elution, up to 30x more concentrated versus other swabs.
- Convenient snap-point located one inch from swab head facilitates compatibility with accompanying transport tube.
- Available as sterile swab with capped, unmarked transport tube
- Compact size is ideal for inclusion in most collection kits, and bright blue color helps to differentiate from other at-home swab test kit components.
Materials: Medical grade quality polypropylene
Dimensions: Overall length: 3.0 in (76 mm)