Allow for visual observation of all reactions and aerosols under pressure
- PVC coated glass minimizes potential hazard
- Additional protection furnished with optional clear plastic shield - highly recommended
- 1/8” NPT Threaded hole in needle valve adaptor (4967A66, not included) takes valve fittings for controlled charge, pressurization or contents release, allowing many test parameters
- Reaction vessels are available in three standard capacities: 3 oz., 6 oz. and 12 oz.
CAUTION: safety precautions should be used with glass under pressure. Maximum safe pressure depends on service conditions. Pressure rating of the vessels decreases 0.25 psi per° F over room temperature. Surface scratches on glass cause weakening. ADDITIONAL SHIELDING IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Pressure for new bottles should not exceed 225 psi for 3 oz., 100 psi for 6 oz. and 75 psi for 12 oz. size.
Aerosol Reaction Vessel (4967A02 to A06)
- Complete with coupling, polyethylene insert, o-ring and a millimeter reference scale
- 3 oz. vessel is tubular; larger sizes are bottle shaped with constricted neck
Aerosol Reaction Vessel, rounded bottom (4967A08 to A12)
- Complete with coupling, foot and millimeter reference scale
- Without valve adapter, see Thomas number 4967A66
Aerosol Reaction Vessel (4967A14 to A18)
- Complete with coupling, clear plastic shield and millimeter reference scale
- Without needle valve adapter, see 4967A66.
Aerosol Reaction Vessel Only (4967A20 to A24)
- With millimeter reference scale
- Used in Thomas numbers 4967A02, A04 and A06
PTFE Insert (4967A58 and A60)
- To replace polyethylene insert for higher temperature applications
Multi-ported Stirring Assembly and accessories (4967A62 and A64)
- Allows changing of test parameters while reactors are under pressure
- Particularly well-suited for gathering chemical reaction data of heterogeneous materials
- Provides controlled and constant stirring capability
Permits utilization of gauges for pressure control, internal temperature readings and allows injection or extraction of samples easily. Supplied with a 12 oz. bottle.
Needle Valve Adapter (4967A66 to A70)
Fluoropolymer elastomer O-Ring (4967A72)
To replace neoprene O-ring (Thomas number 4967A70) for more corrosive applications