3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Aerobic Count Plates (RAC) feature technology that facilitates colony enumeration in just 24 hours for most food matrices / environmental samples and resists distortion caused by spreader colonies.
Aerobic count bacteria are present in a variety of food matrices and serve as indicators for food spoilage. Getting accurate aerobic bacteria counts in your raw materials, finished product and production environment are critical to making time-sensitive decisions that impact process control, cleaning decisions and, ultimately, product quality and safety. 3M™ Petrifilm™ Rapid Aerobic Count Plates are a sample-ready, culture medium system, which contain nutrients, a coldwater-soluble gelling agent, and a dual-sensing indicator technology that facilitate colony enumeration in 24 hours for most food matrices and environmental samples. Proven as reliable as the SMA plate method, 3M Petrifilm Rapid Aerobic Count Plates help agar users avoid costly retesting and delayed results due to interpretation issues caused by spreader colonies.
- Provides results in 24 hours (excluding dairy powders) of incubation time.
- Special technology provides fast results that resist distortion caused by spreader colonies.
- Added foam barrier around the inoculation area makes inoculating the plates easier.
- Can be used to test all foods.
- Proven reliability versus SMA agar methods.
- Can be used for air, swab or surface contact environmental sampling.
- Eliminates the need for labor-intensive media preparation.