The 3M™ Dilution Pouch with Butterfield's Buffer is a heavyweight, puncture-resistant pouch, ideal for many sample preparation and enrichment procedures.
Designed to meet stringent laboratory testing needs, these bags have the strength needed to endure sample preparation and handling processes. The flat bottom allows the pouch to stand on its own and heavy gage wire closure holds the bag open, allowing the technician to work with both hands. The pouch and solution are decontaminated through gamma irradiation to maintain organism viability and long shelf life. Once the desired sample has been added, the open top is folded over itself and the wire tie bent over the fold to seal. The multi-layer pouch is strong enough to use with a paddle blender to effectively mix the sample with the diluent. This product is made in the USA with globally sourced materials and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance. It is intended for lab use only. Butterfield's Buffer is used as a diluent for the preparation of dilutions for sample dilution of water, dairy products, and foods prior to microbiological testing processes. It may also is used to dilute “washed” samples of cattle or swine to be tested for generic E. coli. It is formulated to the standard found in the Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods and is also recommended as a general diluent in laboratory procedures by the Federal Drug Administration and in the Bacteriological Analytical Manual.
- Gamma irradiated, ready-to-use pouch with Butterfield’s Buffer requires no mixing or sterilizing.
- Flat bottom, stand-up pouch ensures stability when adding samples.
- Wire tie holds top open for easy sample addition and closes bag for transportation.
- Multi-laminate polyester pouch is puncture resistant.
- 2 year shelf life from date of manufacture provides long-term readiness.