Wilmad Precision NMR Suprasil® (Synthetic Quartz) Tubes are manufactured from high purity synthetic fused silica materials with <0.005ppm Fe2O3 and outstanding optical characteristics in the deep UV to the near IR.
- Transmission rate from 190nm to 2600nm is well over 95% (10mm thickness) excluding reflection
- Possesses a similar thermal expansion rate and tensile strength as natural quartz which is 14 times more robust during the cooling/heating process than Type 1 Class A glass
- Tight ID and OD tolerance as small as 0.0065mm accommodates Wilmad inserts
- To maximize SNR, Wilmad Precision NMR Suprasil® Tubes have minimal paramagnetic impurities that would impact shimming
- Manufactured in a state-of-the-art ISO 9001:2008 USA facility using a unique precision shrinking and grinding process to shape the inner surface with maximized filling factor
- Inner surface is resistant to strong acid and base at ambient temperature
- Ideal for photolysis experiments that employ 266nm light from a Q-Switched laser or 254nm light emitted by a mercury low pressure lamp with a Schott UG 5 filter, as well as variable temperature experiments that have a temperature step over 120°C
- Safe for experiments at temperatures up to 1300°C
- 100% inspection with multiple NIST traceable gauges and optical surface defect checks
- Includes disposable cap
Note: Caps are not recommended for use with samples dissolved in chloroform-d or acetone-d6.