Designed for storing biological material, human or animal cells, at temperatures as low as -196°C (but should only be used in the gas phase of liquid nitrogen). The external threaded cap features a long skirt for one hand aseptic methods, and a super-fast thread design that allows tightening or removal with a mere 1-1/4 turn. The silicone seal fitted inside the cap ensures a positive seal at any temperature, even the lowest of cryogenic temperatures. The tubes have a large white marking area for sample identification and can be color coded by the use of a Capinsert™. The 2D Inserts are engraved by a permanent laser etching system, which provides sharper detail, and are tested to ensure readability and uniqueness.
- Sterilized to 10-6 by gamma radiation
- Unique laser etched 2D datamatrix barcode
- Human readable characters
- Every barcode is pre-scanned: guaranteed unique codes and no global duplicity
- High contrast: white on black background allows excellent readability even in harsh conditions
- Standard size 81-place cryostorage boxes: Utilize current freezer racking systems