Screw-Cap Microcentrifuge Tubes
The Screw-Cap tube is ideal for any sample-processing or storage application imaginable-and especially for working with valuable or hazardous cells and materials.
The extraordinary strength, safety and reliability of the Screw-Cap tube lets you perform procedures that simply can’t be done with other tubes. Spin it, store it, transport it (even by air). Boil it, irradiate it, immerse it in the vapor phase of liquid nitrogen-it’ll stand up to the test! Inside the screw cap, the ethylene propylene O-Ring forms a secure and leakproof seal. The screw cap’s square threads won’t strip-and they’re on the outside of the tube, so you minimize the risk of contaminating your sample-or letting it contaminate you.
- Sample Integrity- O-ring creates a positive seal that prevents leaking during processing, storage, or transport. Tube is made of inert virgin-polypropylene copolymer, to minimize the risk of altering samples
- Universal use- Accommodates all fixed angle head microcentrifuges (0.5ml and 2.0ml upright models require adapter Cat. No. 4212). Will withstand maximum G-forces of all current microcentrifuge instruments
- Safe and Reliable- External threads minimize contamination, material hang-up and loss. Screw cap is made of the same material as tube
- Convenient- Molded ridges on tubes match serrations on racks (Cat. No. 4214), so tubes may be opened with one hand. Upright models stand without a rack. Seamless, conical design lets you extract all of sample wit pipette or syringe. Transparent polymer lets you see your sample clearly
- Color Coded- O-Ring screw caps available in a variety of 10 different colors
- Sturdy and Reusable- Ideal for freezer storage, boiling, autoclaving and irradiation